Logger Contact Alert
A much requested feature is to be alerted when a logger hasn't been successfully contacted by Centrix for a given period of time (loss of comms). This feature is now available in the Alerts section of the system.
- Access the Alerts section of the system
- Click the Add button in the bottom left
- Select Logger Contact (Comms) and click Create Alert
- Enter a name for the alert (e.g. "24H No Comms")
- It is recommended the suppression period is set fairly high to avoid being notified constantly for the same site (e.g. 24 Hours)
- Set the maximum contact interval (this is the maximum amount of time you want to allow between logger contact before you are sent an alert)
- Click OK
The site name, logger name and the name you specify on the alert will be provided in the e-mail alert. This should allow you to investigate the issue further.
Improved Asset Generation Algorithms
The algorithms used to generate assets on maps have been improved to consider a wider selection of channel name candidates. This should reduce the amount of manual asset creation required when producing a new map. The new candidates are highlighted in red below:
- Track Circuits will be generated from channels containing: TK, TR, TPR, T?PR,TP?R
- Points will be generated from channels containing: NWK, NWKR, NWKPR, NWK?PR, NKR, NKPR, NK?PR, NKP?R, RWK, RWKR, RWKPR, RWK?PR, RKR, RKPR, RK?PR, RKP?R, AUK, BUK
A test on one site resulted in 60% more assets being generated automatically compared to the previous algorithms.
Other Features / Bug Fixes
Dialled logger state timeouts can now be configured per logger (system admin function)
JIRA Issues Resolved