- The capture traces are sent to the Points Classifier where they are tagged.
- Possible tags that the classifier can set are: UNPROCESSED, NORMAL, ANOMALY and FAULT
- A subregion of the capture trace is located which represents the most important part of the trace where the points machine is in motion. This region can be used to produce better Alarm Thresholds. For more information on this, see Points Trace Splitting System. Multiple extra values are calculated specific to this region:
- starting sample of the subregion
- end sample of the subregion
- average value within the subregion
- maximum value within the subregion